Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Artist's Way week 1


This is the first post that I haven't written in word and then copied over to the blog.

Just a quick blurb on how the first evening of the workshop based on Julia Cameron's book, 'The Artist's Way', is going. GREAT! I'm so excited about it, the possibilities, just being open to the process - learning about myself and others. I'm sure some week soon I'll be posting how miserable I am, how I have not a creative bone in my body and I'm wasted space in the workshop, but today I'm excited, so I'm going to be happy with that and not focus too much on future delusions. I mean, there are plenty of delusions to focus on right now in the present!

I did the morning pages, three of them as instructed. Halfway through I was cursing myself for not buying a smaller notebook as three blank pages to a so-called 'writer' can be daunting.
After my rambling on, the question that came to me was how to develop the skill of enjoying the process of your art and not put so much attention and need to the outcome? Because don't all artist's want to share their work and have an impact on people?

I suppose that's what this journey in the workshop is all about and I'll keep you posted on what answers I come up with. And please, if you have answers - give'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment